Wedding Vocabulary Words List! It’s that time of year again when love is in the air and wedding bells are ringing! If you’re planning on tying the knot soon, there are a few important things you need to know. Here’s a quick rundown of some key wedding vocabulary to help make your big day go smoothly.
Table of Contents
Wedding Vocabulary Words List
|1- Budget||2-Guest List|
|11-Best Man||12-Maid Of Honor|
|13-Flower Girls||14-Ring Bearer|
|21-Cake Topper||22-Wedding Dress|
|23-Wedding Veil||24-Wedding Shoes|
|25-Engagement Ring||26-Wedding Band|
|27- Save The Date||28- Invitations|
|29- Thank You Cards||30- Wedding Website|
|31- Rehearsal Dinner||32- Bridal Shower|
|33- Bachelor/Ette Party||34- Honeymoon|
|35- Processional||36- Recessional|
|37- Unity Ceremony||38- Reception|
|39- First Dance||40- Father Daughter Dance|
|41- Mother Son Dance||42- Bouquet Toss|
|43- Garter Toss||44- Buffet|
|45- Sit Down Dinner||46- Bar|
|47- Open Bar||48- Signature Drink|
|49- Champagne Toast||50- Wedding Favors|
|51- Guestbook||52-Send Off|
|53- Elopement||54- Justice of The Peace|
|55- Officiant||56- Vows|
|57- Licensed||58- Ordained|
|59- Premarital Counseling||60- Civil Ceremony|
|61- Religious Ceremony||62- Mixed Faith Ceremony|
|63- Secular Ceremony||64- Destination Wedding|
|65- Courthouse Wedding||66- Double Wedding|
|67- Eco-Friendly Wedding||68- Green Wedding|
|69- Intimate Wedding||70- Large Wedding|
|71- Military Wedding||72- Second Wedding|
|73- Shotgun Wedding||74- Summer Wedding|
|75- Winter Wonderland Wedding||76- Fairytale Wedding|
|77- Themed Wedding||78- Barn Wedding|
|79- Beach Wedding||80-Bohemian Wedding|
|81-Garden Wedding||82- Glamourous Wedding|
|83- Great Gatsby Wedding||84- Rustic Chic Wedding|
|85- Winery Wedding||86- Ballroom|
|87- Chapel||88- Country Club|
|89- Estate||90- Hotel|
|91- Mansion||92- Outdoor|
|93- Park||94- Restaurant|
|95- Museum||96- Art Gallery|
|97- Farm||98- Vineyard|
|99- Zoo||100- Carousel|
Wedding Vocabulary Words with Meanings
- Budget: This is probably the most important word when it comes to weddings. Your budget will dictate everything from the venue to the food to the dress.
- Guest list: Another important word when it comes to weddings. Your guest list will determine how many people you have to accommodate and how much your wedding will cost.
- Venue: The location of your wedding. This can be anything from a church to a banquet hall to a backyard.
- Caterer: The company that provides the food for your wedding.
- Florist: The company that provides the flowers for your wedding.
- Dress: The gown that the bride wears.
- Suit: The clothing that the groom and groomsmen wear.
- Tuxedo: A type of suit that is typically worn with a bow tie.
- Bridesmaids: The women who accompany the bride on her big day.
- Groomsmen: The men who accompany the groom on his big day.
- Best Man: The man who is responsible for the groom on his big day.
- Maid of Honor: The woman who is responsible for the bride on her big day.
- Flower girls: Young girls who scatter flowers in front of the bride as she walks down the aisle.
- Ring bearer: A young boy who carries the rings down the aisle.
- Wedding planner: A professional who helps plan and coordinate weddings.
- DJ: The person who provides the music for your wedding reception.
- Band: A group of musicians who play music for your wedding reception.
- Photographer: The person who takes pictures of your wedding.
- Videographer: The person who films your wedding.
- Wedding cake: A special cake that is made for a wedding.
- Cake topper: A decoration that goes on top of the wedding cake.
- Wedding dress: The dress that the bride wears on her big day.
- Wedding veil: A piece of fabric that is worn over the bride’s face.
- Wedding shoes: Special shoes that are worn by the bride on her big day.
- Engagement ring: A ring that is given to a woman when she becomes engaged.
- Wedding band: A ring that is given to a man when he gets married.
- Honeymoon: A trip that a couple takes after they get married.
- Bachelor party: A party that is held for the groom before he gets married.
- Bachelorette party: A party that is held for the bride before she gets married.
- Rehearsal dinner: A dinner that is held before the wedding rehearsal.
- Save the date: A card that is sent to guests to let them know when the wedding will be.
- Thank you cards: Cards that are sent to guests after the wedding to thank them for coming.
- Wedding registry: A list of gifts that a couple would like to receive for their wedding.
- Wedding shower: A party that is held for the bride before her wedding.
- Wedding invitations: Invitations that are sent to guests to invite them to a wedding.
- Wedding announcement: A notice that is sent to friends and family to let them know about a couple’s upcoming marriage.
- Wedding vow: A promise that a couple makes to each other during their wedding ceremony.