Have you ever tried to spell out a word with only five letters, starting with the letter X? Have you ever wondered how many of these words are actually out there? If this sounds like a challenge you’d be interested in taking on, keep reading!
This blog post will go through some amazing 5-letter words starting with X that we’ve gathered from different sources.
From exotic fruits and animals to iconic cities and symbols, we’ll have something for everyone looking for an interesting puzzle or fun new vocabulary words to add to their collection. So grab your pen and paper – let’s get started!
Letter words to use in sentences, wordle, scrabble, American English, and British English.
Table of Contents
5 Letter Words – With X
10 Popular Five Letter Words Starting with X and their Meanings
- Xoana: is the name of a subsidiary goddess associated with Demeter in Greek mythology.
- Xylyl: is an organic compound containing a carbon-carbon triple bond.
- Xerus: is a genus of ground squirrels found in Africa and the Middle East.
- Xylem: is a vascular tissue found in plants that transports water from the roots to the leaves.
- Xerox: is an American technology company that produces printers, copiers and other office equipment.
- Xysti: is an ancient Greek term for a covered passageway used in athletic training.
- Xenic: refers to things that are strange or foreign.
- Xylem: is another name for the vascular tissue found in plants that transports water from the roots to the leaves.
- Xylol: is an organic solvent commonly used in paint thinners and surface cleaners.
- Xylan: is a type of polysaccharide found in the cell walls of plants, which provides structural support.
Quiz – X
Answers for X
Worksheet (5 Letter Words That Start With X)