From xebecs to xenon, words starting with X can bring a certain degree of mystery and intrigue. But did you know there are nearly 600+ six letter words starting with the letter X? That’s right!
This post will explore some of the most interesting and unusual six letter short-form lexicons beginning with “X”.
From uncommon nouns to distinct prefixes, we’re covering it all—so let’s dive in and take a look at these unique X-words!
Table of Contents
6 Letter Words – With X
10 Popular Six Letter Words Starting with X and their Meanings
- Xenons: Any of several chemical elements that are gases at room temperature and pressure.
- Xystos: A type of long, narrow open space used for exercise.
- Xyster: An instrument used for scraping bones or sharpening blades.
- Xylans: Any of a class of polysaccharides derived from wood fibers.
- Xystoi: An ancient Greek term for a colonnade, usually open on one side.
- Xyloma: A hard tumor consisting of woody tissue found in the bones of vertebrates.
- Xylols: Any of several colorless liquid compounds derived from wood by distillation.
- Xebecs: A type of small sailing vessel formerly used in the Mediterranean.
- Xyloid: Resembling or derived from wood; wooden.
- Xylems: The vascular tissue in plants that carries water upward from the roots.
Quiz – Letter Words
Worksheet (6 Letter Words That Start With X)