A to Z Wedding Vocabulary! A wedding is an event that is filled with joy and happiness. It is also a time when families come together to celebrate the love of two people. There are many traditions associated with weddings, and each culture has its own unique way of celebrating this special day. Whether you are planning a small or large wedding, there are many things to consider. The following is a list of wedding vocabulary words that will help you plan your big day:
Aisle – The aisle is the path that leads from the entrance of the church to the altar.
Altar – The altar is where the bride and groom exchange vows and are married.
Attendants – Attendants are the people who help to organize and plan the wedding ceremony. They may also act as witnesses to the marriage.
Table of Contents
A To Z Wedding Vocabulary
Wedding Words Starting With A
Wedding Words Starting With B
Wedding Words Starting With C
Wedding Words Starting With D
Wedding Words Starting With E
Wedding Words Starting With F
Wedding Words Starting With G
|gift||getaway||get hitched with|
Wedding Words Starting With H
Wedding Words Starting With I
Wedding Words Starting With J
Wedding Words Starting With K, L
Wedding Words Starting With M, N
|mate||matron of honor||notion|
|monogamy||music||maid of honor|
Wedding Words Starting With O, P
Wedding Words Starting With Q, R, S
Wedding Words Starting With T
Wedding Words Starting With U, V
Wedding Words Starting With W, Y, Z
Most Common Wedding Vocabulary Words
|best man||wedding cake||bouquet|
|wedding dress||wedding bell||church|
23 Beautiful Wedding Words
Below is the list of beautiful wedding words:
1. Love – an emotion of strong affection and personal attachment.
2. Joy – a feeling of great pleasure and happiness.
3. Forever – always and eternal.
4. Cherish – to protect, take care of and treasure something or someone dearly.
5. Bliss – complete happiness; perfect joy.
6. Adore – to love deeply, passionately and devotedly.
7. Commitment – a promise, decision or agreement to do something.
8. Devotion – a very strong feeling of love and loyalty.
9. Tenderness – a gentleness and softness of touch, expression or manner.
10. Fidelity – faithfulness to promises, vows or obligations.
11. Bond – an emotional and physical connection between two people who deeply care for each other.
12. Blessing – a prayer for good fortune, a gift or an entitlement.
13. Radiant – radiating or reflecting joy and warmth.
14. Vow – solemn promise to do something.
15. Union – the process of joining together two things into one entity.
16. Hope – feeling of expectation and desire for a certain thing to happen.
17. Faith – believing, trusting and having confidence in something.
18. Destiny – an event or series of events that will inevitably happen in the future.
19. Happiness – an emotion characterized by feelings of contentment, joy, satisfaction, and well-being.
20. Cherished – held dear and valued; treasured.
21. Togetherness – the state of being together in unity or companionship.
22. Forevermore – for all time to come; always and eternal eternity.
23. Blessing – a kind gesture, or an act that brings good fortune, luck or success.
20 Funny Wedding Terms
Below are 20 funny words related to wedding:
1. Lovebirds – two people who are deeply and madly in love with each other.
2. Groomageddon – a groom-induced crisis before the wedding.
3. Love Potion – romantic drinks consumed to increase love and intimacy between two people.
4. Marriage Merger – merging two lives together in marriage.
5. Just Hitched – newlyweds who just got married.
6. Wedding Crasher – an uninvited guest to a wedding ceremony or reception.
7. SparkleMotion – the special sparkle of bridal jewelry and accessories on wedding day.
8. Honeymooners – newlyweds on their honeymoon.
9. Bridechilla – a bride with a chill attitude towards wedding planning.
10. Weddiculous – weddings that are outrageous and over the top.
11. Arch Enemy of the Bride – Refers to an unwelcome guest who gives away the bride.
12. Groomzilla – Meaning a groom who deserves his own monster movie for being overly demanding throughout wedding planning.
13. Bridechilla – A bride who is calm and collected during the stressful wedding planning process.
14. Couple’s Entourage – Those friends of the couple who are dedicated to helping out in the wedding prep and ensuring everything runs smoothly.
15. Special Delivery – When the groom shows up to the ceremony in a unique and fun way, such as a limo or classic car.
16. Bachelor/Bachelorette Bash – The last night of freedom for the happy couple!
17. “The Glitch” – When something goes wrong during the wedding ceremony, such as a microphone not working or an unexpected interruption.
18. Fauxmance – When a couple pretends to be in love to impress their guests.
19. Destination Big Day – For couples who decide to have their wedding in an exotic or unique location.
20. Wed-cation – A combination of a wedding and vacation, for couples who want to extend their wedding celebration into a vacation.
5 Wedding Related Phrases
Below are some phrases associated with wedding:
1. Happily ever after – An expression referring to the idea that a couple will live in blissful harmony forever.
- She said “I do” and they lived happily ever after.
2. Tie the knot – A phrase referring to getting married or forming a life-long commitment.
- They decided to tie the knot and make a lifelong commitment to each other.
3. Blushing bride – An expression referring to a woman on her wedding day, typically referring to the color of her cheeks.
- The blushing bride looked radiant as she walked down the aisle.
4. Tossing the bouquet – A tradition in which the bride tosses her bouquet to a group of unmarried women, with the woman who catches it believed to be next in line to marry.
- The bride tossed her bouquet and one lucky lady caught it.
5. Maid of honor – The title given to the woman of honor at a wedding, typically a close friend or family member of the bride.
- The bride’s best friend was chosen as her maid of honor.
Wedding Words Vocabulary (Infographics)
Download this lesson in PDF, here.