A to Z Wedding Words List! When it comes to weddings, there are many words and phrases that are used frequently.
Table of Contents
A to Z Wedding Words
Below is the list of wedding words a to z in English:
- Wedding Bands
18 Popular Wedding Vocabulary Words and their Definitions
Here is a list of some of the most common wedding words and their definitions.
- Aisle: The path down the middle of the church leading up to the altar.
- Altar: The raised platform in a church where ceremonies such as weddings take place.
- Bouquet: A bunch of flowers typically carried by the bride.
- Bride: The person getting married.
- Cake: A dessert made of layers of cake or dough that is often decorated with frosting, fruit, or candy.
- Candles: Lit candles that are often placed on tables at weddings.
- Church: A building where religious ceremonies such as weddings take place.
- Earrings: Jeweled ornaments worn in the earlobes.
- Flowers: Blossoms of a flowering plant often used to decorate wedding venues.
- Garter: A band worn around the thigh and traditionally removed by the groom during the reception.
- Gift Registry: A list of items or services that couples can choose from for guests to purchase as gifts.
- Reception: The gathering that follows the wedding ceremony, often with food and dancing.
- Rings: Jeweled bands worn on the fourth finger of the left hand to symbolize a couple’s commitment.
- Tuxedo: A formal suit traditionally worn by men at weddings.
- Unity Candle: A candle lit during the wedding ceremony to represent the union of two families.
- Vows: Promises made by a couple to each other during the wedding ceremony.
- Wedding Party: The group of people in attendance at the wedding ceremony, including bridesmaids and groomsmen.
- Witnesses: People who sign the marriage certificate as a sign that they were present at the wedding.
Wedding Words List – Pictures and PDF
Download this lesson of wedding words in PDF, Here!