The human body is comprised of many different parts, each with their own unique name and function. While there are many different body parts that start with the letter D, some of the more notable ones include the deltoid, dentin, and diaphragm.
- The deltoid is a muscle in the shoulder that helps lift the arm.
- Dentin is a type of bone tissue that makes up the majority of teeth.
- The diaphragm is a muscle located at the base of the lungs that helps to breathe.
So, Below is the list of all body parts starting with D.
Table of Contents
Body Parts That Start With D
- Digital Nerves
- Dendritic Cells
- Deltoid Muscle
- Dura Mater
- Dark Eyes
- Double Chin
- Dorsal Rot Ganglion
- Dorsal Papillae
- Dedos Del Pie
- Digestive Tract
- Dorsal Cavity
- Dorsalis Pedis
- Dorsal Muscle
- Deltoid Ligament
- Dura Cranial
- Deviated Septum
- Dua’s Layer
- Descending Colon
10 Body Parts Starting With D and Definitions
- Diaphragm: The diaphragm is a sheet of muscle between the chest and abdomen that helps to control breathing.
- Digestive tract: The digestive tract is the system of organs responsible for breaking down food into usable nutrients and eliminating waste from the body.
- Deltoid: The deltoid is a large triangular muscle located on the shoulder and upper arm.
- Dura mater: The dura mater is a tough membrane that surrounds and protects the brain and spinal cord.
- Deciduous teeth: Deciduous teeth, commonly referred to as baby teeth, are a set of 20 primary teeth that form during infancy and typically fall out in early childhood.
- Duodenum: The duodenum is the first section of the small intestine responsible for breaking down food into nutrients.
- Dermal layers: The dermal layers are a series of thin sheets of skin cells that make up the outer layer of skin known as the epidermis.
- Dentition: Dentition refers to both sets of teeth, including primary and permanent teeth.
- Distal phalanx: The distal phalanx is the small bone located at the end of each finger and toe that helps support movement.
- Dorsum: The dorsum is the backside of an organism, typically referring to vertebrates such as humans and other animals.
List of other body parts starting with: