Body parts that start with letter I! Our body is made up of many different parts, all of which play an important role in keeping us alive and functioning.
- The first body part that comes to mind is the intestines. These long, coiled tubes help us digest food and extract nutrients from it.
- The next body part is the iris, which is the colored part of our eyes. This part helps control how much light enters our eyes.
- Another important “I” body part is the immune system. This system helps protect our bodies from disease and infection.
- The next body part we’ll discuss is the insulin hormone, which helps regulate blood sugar levels in our bodies.
So, Below is the list of all body parts starting with I.
Table of Contents
Body Parts That Start With I
- Inner Ear
- Inguinal Canal
- Index Finger
- Iliac Artery
- Itchy Butt
- Iliac Vein
- Inside Arm
- Inner Thighs
- Inner Knee
10 Body Parts Starting With I and Definitions
- Intestines: The intestines are a long tube that runs from the stomach to the anus, it helps digest food and absorb nutrients.
- Innervation: Innervation refers to the way nerves provide sensations and signals from the brain throughout the body.
- Immune System: The immune system is responsible for protecting our bodies from viruses, bacteria, and other pathogens.
- Irises: The irises are the colored part of the eye, they help regulate how much light enters the eyes.
- Inner Ear: The inner ear is a small structure in the skull that helps with balance and hearing.
- Incisors: The incisors are the four front teeth in the upper and lower jaw, they are used for biting and cutting food.
- Immune Cells: Immune cells are specialized cells that help protect us from infection by identifying and destroying foreign substances.
- Ischial Tuberosities: The ischial tuberosities are the two bony bumps found at the bottom of the pelvis, they help with sitting upright.
- Intracranial Pressure: Intracranial pressure is the amount of pressure inside the skull, it can be affected by disease or injury.
- Iliopsoas Muscle: The iliopsoas muscle is a group of muscles located in the lower back, it helps with hip flexion and rotation.
List of other body parts starting with: