The human body is an amazing thing, and it’s made up of many different parts. Did you know that there are twenty body parts that start with the letter ‘T’? From toes to tongues, this article will dive into 10 popular one, providing a brief description of what they are and what their function is in the body.
Whether you’re curious about anatomy or just looking for a fun way to improve your knowledge of the English language, this article has something for everyone.
Table of Contents
Body Parts That Start With T
- Tear Duct
- Tail Bone
- Thyroid Gland
- Traverse Colon
- Trigeminal Nerve
- Trochlear Nerve
- Thoracic Nerves
10 Body Parts Starting With T and Definitions
- Toes: the five digits on the ends of each foot.
- Tongue: a muscular organ in the mouth used for tasting, swallowing, and speaking.
- Teeth: the hard, whitish structures found in the mouth that are used for biting and chewing food.
- Thighs: the upper part of each leg between the knee and hip joint.
- Throat: a hollow tube extending from the back of the nose to the top of the trachea.
- Thorax: the chest cavity between the neck and abdomen, which houses the heart and lungs.
- Temples: two flat, fleshy regions located above each ear on either side of the forehead.
- Tendons: fibrous cords that connect muscles to bones.
- Triceps: a three-headed muscle in the arm responsible for extending and rotating the elbow joint.
- Tibia: the larger of two long bones found between the knee and ankle joints on each leg.
List of other body parts starting with: