The human body is an incredible machine, with many different parts and functions. We often take for granted the amazing complexity of our bodies, including the different body parts that begin with the letter V. From veins to vomer bones, these vital body parts play an important role in keeping us healthy and functioning.
In this article, you’ll learn all about the various body parts that start with “V” and how they work together to keep us safe and well.
Table of Contents
Body Parts That Start With V
- Vascular Tissue
- Vitreous Vein
- Vagus Nerve
- Vericose Veins
- Vestigial Organ
- Vitreous Humor
- Vocal Cords
- Vascular Artery
- Vertebral Artery
- Vertebral Column
- Vena Cava
- Voice Box
Body Parts Starting With V and Definitions
- Veins: blood vessels that carry deoxygenated blood from the body back to the heart.
- Ventricles: two chambers of the heart which collect and pump blood out of the organ.
- Vagina: a muscular tube lined with tissue in female reproductive system, linking the uterus to the external genitalia.
- Vertebrae: the 33 bones which form the spine and protect the spinal cord.
- Vocal Cords: two bands of fibrous tissue inside the larynx that vibrate to produce sound when air passes through them.
- Vulva: the external female genitalia, including the labia, clitoris, and urethral opening.
- Vestibule: an area of the inner ear which helps to maintain balance.
- Vagus Nerve: a long nerve running from the brainstem to the abdomen, regulating various bodily functions including digestion and heart rate.
- Vitreous Humor: the gel-like substance that fills the eyeball and keeps it in shape.
- Vasculature: a network of blood vessels throughout the body which carries oxygenated blood to cells and organs.
List of other body parts starting with: