Welcome to our exploration of the body and its many parts! In this article, we will be taking a look at 20 body parts that start with the letter W. We have listed everything from the wonderful world of white blood cells to the wondrous wirsung duct, and much more in between.
This is a great opportunity to expand your knowledge of your own anatomy and learn something new about the body you inhabit.
Table of Contents
Body Parts That Start With W
- Wavy Hair
- Wisdom Teeth
- Wind Pipe
- Webbed Feet
- Wrist Ligaments
- Wrist Muscles
- White Blood Cells
Body Parts Starting With W and Definitions
- Wrist: the joint between the hand and forearm.
- Widows Peak: a V-shaped point at the top of the forehead, usually caused by two intersecting hairline ridges.
- Wisdom Teeth: four additional molars that typically appear in late adolescence or early adulthood.
- Walled Sella: a saddle-shaped bone cavity located at the base of the skull.
- Whisker Pads: two small, sensitive areas on either side of the muzzle in cats and other animals.
- Windpipe: a tube extending from the mouth to the lungs, which carries air in and out of the body during breathing.
- White of the Eye: the part of the eye that is visible, made up of a transparent membrane called sclera.
- Wing of Ilium: the outer edge of each hip bone, located on either side of the lower back.
- Wrist Bones: eight small bones located in the wrist which support the hand and allow for movement.
- Wernicke’s Area: a region in the brain responsible for language processing and comprehension.
Body Parts With W – Infographics
List of other body parts starting with: