If you’re looking to learn the names of different vegetables in English, this article is for you! Included are pictures of each vegetable to help with identification. This list covers some of the most popular vegetables, as well as some lesser-known ones. Whether you’re a beginner or an expert, you’re sure to find something new here.
So, without further ado, let’s get started!
There are many different types of vegetables, each with their own unique flavor and nutrition profile. Some common vegetables include carrots, tomatoes, potatoes, and onions. While these are all great choices, there are many other options to choose from as well.
In addition to the standard fare, there are also lesser-known vegetables that can be just as delicious and healthy. These include items like turnips, rutabagas, and parsnips.
So next time you’re at the grocery store, don’t be afraid to try something new!
Table of Contents
List of 51 Vegetables in English
- Green bean
- Green chilies
- Spring onion
- Red cabbage
- Red chillies
- Collard greens
- Sweet potato
- Bok choy
- Swiss chard
- Ash gourd
- Knol khol
- Bell pepper
- Bitter gourd
A to Z Vegetables Name in English
50 Vegetable Names With Pictures
|He is using green beans in the kitchen since long.|
|They are rich in vitamins and minerals.|
|They are packed with flavor and can be used to add spice to any dish.|
|It is widely used for salads, sandwiches, and burgers.|
|Its leaves have a unique aroma that makes them popular in many cuisines.|
|They are used as a garnish, flavoring agent and vegetable.|
|It is one of the healthiest vegetables out there, with many beneficial antioxidants and vitamins.|
|This mild-flavored onion is often used in soups and stews for added flavor.|
|Its aroma adds freshness to many dishes.|
|Its deep purple hue makes it a great choice for adding color to salads or roasted vegetables.|
|These fiery peppers are often used in spicy dishes and sauces.|
|Its tart flavor is often used as a seasoning or garnish in many recipes.|
|This root vegetable is often eaten boiled, mashed, or fried.|
|Its sweet flavor makes it a great addition to pies and other delicious desserts.|
|These leafy vegetables are packed with vitamins and minerals.|
|It is rich in fiber and antioxidants, making it a nutritious and tasty side dish.|
|Its sweet flavor makes it a popular vegetable for soups and salads.|
|It’s loaded with vitamins and minerals, making it a great choice for anyone looking to get their daily dose of vegetables.|
|Its peppery flavor adds zing to many dishes.|
|This summer squash is low in calories and high in vitamins.|
|This root has been used for centuries as a healing herb with powerful anti-inflammatory properties.|
|These fungi are often used to add flavor and texture to soups, sauces, and stir-fries.|
|This bitter green vegetable has a slightly nutty flavor and is often used in salads.|
|These tiny fruits are packed with flavor and healthy fats.|
|This superfood is rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that help fight disease.|
|This crunchy vegetable adds texture to many different dishes.|
|This leafy green vegetable has a milder flavor and its stalks can be cooked like asparagus.|
|This squash-like vegetable is also known as winter melon and has a mild flavor, often used in soups.|
|This edible root vegetable has a sweet, nutty flavor and can be eaten boiled or steamed.|
|This versatile vegetable is used in many dishes, from mashed potatoes to French fries and is a good source of fiber.|
|Peas are a great addition to salads or side dishes and are high in protein and fiber.|
|This vegetable is often used in Indian curry dishes and can be eaten boiled, fried, or pickled.|
|This root vegetable is often used in Asian and African cuisine and has a sweet, nutty flavor when cooked.|
|This vegetable can be cooked in a variety of ways and is full of vitamins and minerals.|
|This aromatic vegetable is often used in Mediterranean dishes and has a sweet, anise-like flavor.|
|This fruit is packed with vitamins and minerals and can be used in salads, sandwiches, or smoothies.|
|This crunchy vegetable is a great addition to salads or stir-fries and contains vitamin K, folate, and fiber.|
|Cabbage is a popular ingredient in many dishes from coleslaw to soups and is high in vitamin C.|
|This pungent ingredient is often used to flavor dishes and has many health benefits, including reducing inflammation.|
|Tomatoes are a popular ingredient in many dishes and can be eaten raw or cooked.|
|This crunchy vegetable is native to Mexico and can be eaten boiled, steamed, or in salads.|
|Bell peppers come in a variety of colors and can be eaten raw or cooked for an added crunch to dishes.|
|Onions are often used as a flavor base for many dishes and contain vitamin C, folate, and fiber.|
|This root vegetable is high in fiber and vitamins and can be eaten boiled, roasted, or mashed.|
|Artichokes are high in antioxidants and can be eaten boiled, steamed, or grilled.|
|This cruciferous vegetable is related to cabbage and is usually eaten raw or added to salads for a crunchy texture.|
|Carrots are an excellent source of vitamins A, K, and C, and can be eaten raw or cooked.|
|Bitter gourd is a tropical vegetable that has a unique flavor and can be served boiled, stir-fried, or in soups.|
|Cauliflower is high in fiber and contains vitamins A, D, E, K, and B-6. It can be eaten raw or cooked in a variety of dishes.|
|Horseradish has a pungent flavor and can be served as a condiment or an accompaniment to other dishes.|
|Eggplants are high in fiber and contain vitamins A, C, K, and B-6. They can be eaten grilled, roasted, or in a variety of recipes.|
35 Vegetables Name with Sentences
- Artichoke – Artichoke are so delicious when added to pasta dishes.
- Asparagus – I love adding roasted asparagus to my salads.
- Avocado – Avocado is one of my favorite ingredients for making guacamole.
- Bean – Beans are a great source of protein.
- Bell Pepper – I love adding bell peppers to my omelet.
- Bok choy – Bok choy is a delicious Chinese vegetable.
- Broccoli – I always make sure to include broccoli in my stir fry.
- Brussels sprouts – Roasted Brussels sprouts are a great way to get your veggies in.
- Cabbage – My mom never forgot to include cabbage in her classic coleslaw salad.
- Carrot – My friend mostly use carrot in her salad.
- Cauliflower – Mashed cauliflower is a great substitute for mashed.
- Celery – Celery sticks are a great addition to any dip.
- Collard Greens – My mom loves cooking collard greens with bacon.
- Corn – Grilled corn on the cob is a favorite of mine.
- Cucumber – I love slicing up cucumbers for a refreshing salad.
- Eggplant – Adding eggplant to pasta sauce is a great way to mix up the flavor.
- Fennel – The anise flavor of fennel makes it a great addition to salads.
- Garlic – There’s nothing like the aroma of freshly sautéed garlic in a dish.
- Jicama – I like eating jicama slices with some lime juice as a snack.
- Kale – My family enjoys a big salad made with fresh kale.
- Lettuce – I like eating fresh lettuce in my sandwich.
- Moringa – Moringa is a superfood with many health benefits.
- Mushrooms – I enjoy sautéing mushrooms to add to my sandwiches.
- Onion – Onion rings are a favorite snack of mine.
- Parsley – I always sprinkle some parsley on top of my dishes for a bit of freshness.
- Parsnip – Parsnips can be boiled and then mashed, making them a delicious alternative to potatoes.
- Peas – My dad loves adding peas to his mashed potatoes.
- Radish – I enjoy eating radishes raw with a little bit of salt and pepper.
- Rutabaga – I enjoy roasting rutabagas in the oven for a tasty side dish.
- Spinach – I always throw a handful of spinach leaves into my smoothie.
- Squash – Butternut squash is one of my favorite vegetables to cook with.
- Sweet Potato – Roasted sweet potatoes are a delicious side dish.
- Tomato – My mom loves adding tomatoes to her pasta sauce.
- Turnip – My grandmother used to make pickled turnips as a condiment for sandwiches.
- Zucchini – Grilled zucchini is one of my favorite summertime snacks.
Infographics – Vegetable Cards
Download the complete book of vegetables in pdf, Here.